When planning a trip to Germany you should take into consideration how you are going to get around the country. One of the best ways to get from place to place is to rent a car. There are a few things you need to know first about renting a car in Germany in order for everything to go as planned.
- Check your car rental options when planning your trip. This will save you time and maybe save you money as well.
- You need an international driver’s license to be able to rent your car so make sure you have one before starting your trip.
- You must have your passport when transacting business with the car rental company so they can verify both you identity and nationality.
- Although the legal driving age in Germany is 18, you need to be at least 21 years of age in order to rent a car.
- Germany is the home of some the most sophisticated cars ever made. One thing you should be aware of is that German cars are rarely automatic; so if you cannot drive a manual transmission you should take some lessons before visiting.
- The best way to secure insurance is through your credit card. Make sure your credit card provider offers insurance coverage deductible in the event of an accident or mishap.
One of the best companies to offer rental service is Hertz. Their cars are top of the line and they offer many discounts for the traveler. Make sure to use a Hertz coupon code when you rent a car in Germany in order to save.
Some Hertz coupon codes you can use when you travel to Germanyinclude:
- Get EUR25 off when you book a compact or a larger car with Hertz at locations in Europe for five days. Offer expires in August 31, 2013
- Get 10% Off Hertz car rental worldwide + extra 5% off discount hotel rates with Asia Web Direct. Offer ends 31 December 2013. For more detail about the offer, click here.
You could also take advantage of other coupons and deals from Hertz on the way to Germany, such as:
- Get one young driver fee waiver when book a car at participating locations in US, Canada or Australia for 1 day or more. Offer ends 31 August 2013 for booking in US and Canada while expires at 31 December 2013 in Australia.
And the last tip: remember to get your GPS at your rental company so you can travel around Germany easily. Also remember to have your GPS translated to your own language.
Hope you can enjoy your travel to German the most with the above tips!